31 May 2014

ROCA RESTAURANT & BAR


After getting brunch at Double Bay, we decided that our adventure can't end just yet, so we went for desserts at this artistic hotel, Artotel Jakarta, located at Thamrin. At first glance, my thought can only say WOW! This place, this art sanctuary is absolutely amazing!! I guess it's called 'Art'otel for something, huh?






The restaurant is called Roca Restaurant & Bar and it's located right at the hotel lobby. The lobby is not that big, so you'll see Roca just right in front of you after coming through the front door. There's an outdoor which is also the smoking area. I almost decided to seat outdoor because I was drawn to the crazy arts out there..




If you actually see the overall interior, the restaurant itself has its own accent of artistic taste. Although it has a slightly different art taste compared to the lobby and the mini gallery upstairs (yes, you can find more artworks upstairs, do check it out!), this one seems more playful!







Well, you can see for yourself! Interesting concept, isn't it? They play quirky songs as well, so if you are the artsy type of person, you'll absolutely love this place!


I know I said that we came here for desserts but you'll also see some main courses cause I came here twice and the main courses are from my first visit.


Now, onto the tasting! The second time we came here, we wanted to have desserts only, but I was so tempted to order this small bite once I got to find this one on the menu!


MUSHROOM CAMEMBERT CHEESE IDR 75K

Here. I love mushroom and I absolutely have passion for cheese! Served on a piece of garlic ciabatta, the mushroom and melting Camembert's aroma work wonders to me!






SCRAMBLED EGG WITH TRUFFLE ESSENCE IDR 62K

There's only one thing I could say about this dish... Your whole perfect breakfast set on one plate! Everything you would have for a Western breakfast can be found here.




BEER BATTERED JUMBO FISH & CHIPS IDR 58K

The portion was absolutely satisfying, that's for sure! It's ain't called Jumbo for nothing.. Soft texture and good flavor, it's also well-seasoned. The fries was totally generous as you can see for yourself in the photo. It also include the usual lemon and tartar sauce, there's also a green colored sauce which I don't really know what it is..




VIRGIN MOJITO IDR 58K


A non-alcohol version of Mojito. A classic mocktail, I'm not a big fan of this since soda is the strong point of this drink, but it was really refreshing for a hot day. The herb's taste was a bit too strong though.




PRETTY CINDERELLA IDR 58K


For their mocktail, I prefer this one better. It's pretty and sweet! they say there's ginger ale in it but you can barely taste it, which is good news to me since I don't like ginger ale. Was a bit hesitant to order this because of the ginger, but so glad I did anyways..









CROISSANT NUTELLA IDR 45K

The nutella fever has strike yet again!! I think it's starting to become too mainstream now... But I don't really mind actually.. Who can say no to nutella?? The croissant is unlike the usual crab-shaped, this one looks like it has been pressed down which made it less messy to eat. The downside of anything being pressed down is that it became less bouncy and more chewy.







CHOCOLATE MELT IDR 45K

I love chocolate melt, there's nothing I can say about it expect pure genius to whoever first discovered it and thank heavens to everyone who decided to produce it. This one is like any other chocolate melt I've seen, yummy without flaw.. Or maybe I was blinded by the love for it.. Oh well~





BANANA FOSTER IDR 45K


The classic banana foster with banana and ice cream has earned a wonderful twist with the addition of strawberries and bread on the bottom. I love how the bread thing, great innovation!! Even though the ice cream looked like it was destroyed but I think that's what made it look tempting. Who said everything has to be proper to look good??











Very well said, don't you think? A place that makes you feel excited just by looking at it, this is a perfect spot for your artistic side to bloom.. I just can't get enough of how incredible the masterpiece is. Good food with good service plus good ambiance is surely the perfect reason for me to keep coming back!

Roca Restaurant & Bar

ARTOTEL Thamrin Jakarta
Jl. Sunda No. 3
Jakarta Pusat 10350
021-3192 5888

Opening Hours :

Everyday : 24 Hours

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM




 

2 comments:

  1. With the Great accommodation, beers and food are what all consider. We guys especially reserve any venue after seeing the bar. this time again i reserved best hotel bar nyc venue, which is best Indeed. This is the 3rd time, i am celebrating my birthday in the same venue.

    ReplyDelete